Windows / DOS Emulation
SoftPC gives you the power to run DOS and Windows programs
- Includes MS-DOS 5.0 and Microsoft Windows 3.1
pre-installed and ready to run. Optimized to run Windows
3.1 under NEXTSTEP.
- Supports native CPU for optimum performance. No CPU
emulation is required.
- Runs 8-bit in real mode, 16-bit and 32-bit DPMI compliant
DOS and Windows programs under NEXTSTEP. Windows-Enhanced
Mode not supported.
- DDE and OLE supports between Windows program within a
- Supports Novell IPX for compatibility with Novell
- Supports DOS TCP/IP for compatibility with Novell LAN
- Supports full screen VGA graphics, allowing users to
"hot key" between windowed and full screen
mode, depending on graphics card available.
- Supports standard PC sound.
- Full support of printing through UNIX lpr.
- Supports PostScript printers and includes HP Laser Jet
emulation. LPT1 and LPT2 supported.
- Output to serial ports (COM1 and COM2) supported.
- Allows running of multiple PC sessions at the same time.
- Supports copying and pasting text and graphics between
DOS/Windows and NEXTSTEP applications.
- Allows access to the DOS partition or "schizo"
drive as the D: drive.
- Microsoft CD-ROM extensions are included with data-only
- Read and write PC formatted floppy disks.
- Supports both Real mode and Protected mode PC programs
- Provides access to both the NEXTSTEP file system and the
mounted DOS partition.
- Includes on-line help.