Professional High-End Image Manipulation and Processing Tool
TIFFany II incorporates a unique set of tools for image
manipulation in a multi-threaded environment. Select from over 40
actions, linear filters, geometry, morphology, halftoning,
turbulence, motion, contrast, brightness, retouching, color
correction, masking and much more to create award winning images.
Quickly view and manage your image archives with TIFFany II's
image database to create thumb nail sized images for quick
access. Or, if TIFFany II still does not meet your business
needs, extended the functionality of the application by
developing your own specialized tools, filters or actions with
TIFFany II's Developer API.
A picture is a substitute for a million words. For some
businesses, quality professional images gain the competitive
advantage. Don't settle for boring or dull images of low quality
that may weaken the message you wish to portray. Enhance the
images for your company's brochures, signs, manuals and ads with
Documents and Image File Support:
- Intuitive user interface.
- Work with as many image documents you wish to.
- Multi-level undo/redo buffer support. Using a special,
memory-saving, algorithm that stores differences between
- Multi-threaded. TIFFany's internal process queue allows
you to continue working while the application is applying
effects. Allowing the user to monitor the processes of
working effects or filters with pause and stop
- TIFFany's new Action Manager allows you to bundle effects
and filters in a File Viewer style browser. Place
commonly used effects and filters on the Action Manager's
shelf for quick retrieval. Browse bundled filters and
effects through the browsers hierarchy.
- Alarm notification when free swapdisk space falls below
- Pressure sensitive tablet support.
- Loading and saving of images, animations, selections and
- Multi-user floating license manager support for
installation on departmental servers running Motorola and
Intel based hardware.
- Load TIFF, JPG, GIF and EPS images. Additional image
formats may be loaded using Third-Party Solutions, e.g.,
Image Agentä, supporting NEXTSTEP filter services.
- Load animations.
- Zoom range from 12.5% up to 3200%
- Correct displaying of images other than 72 dpi.
- Suppress the use of the alpha channel to increase image
- Clone images. View a 100% size clone of your working
image, while working on it in a zoomed state.
- View rulers in inches, cm, points, picas and pixels.
Image Handling Tools:
- Arbitrary shaped pens with smooth or sharp edges.
- Flood fill with configurable hue and brightness
- Airbrush in any shape and size, with user definable
density and fade area.
- Any filter can be used manually, even with airbrush and
- Cloning with pen, airbrush and fill.
- Partial undo with pen or airbrush.
- Resize images with six interpolation methods and four
- Image cropping.
- Set your images dpi and compression type.
- Choose from any of the 15 different halftoning
algorithms. Output your images to 1, 2 or 4 bit
Greyscale, RGB or CMYK color space with or without alpha.
- Fast mirroring and rotation in 90 degree steps.
- Rectangle and ellipse selection.
- BÝzier path.
- Freehand and magic wand that automatically turns into a
BÝzier path for further editing.
- Any bitmap can be used as a mask.
- Text in any font, size and orientation.
- Any selection can affect the surrounded area or just the
- Cut/Copy of any shaped selection.
- Paste into any selection, optionally with automatic
- Choose from any of the 16 different compositing methods.
Use these methods with any filter.
- Set the intensity of any filter.
- Protect the replacement of specific color ranges with the
- Affine mapping for rotation, scaling and shear.
- Arbitrary color blends.
- Controlled color replacement using a one-to-one
substitution algorithm or by replacing ranges on the
- Perform image distortion with a user defined formula.
- Color correction with arbitrary correction curves or
gamma correction. Automatic calculation of gamma values
- Noise reduction filters for removing speckles, and a
specialized filter for dithered images.
- Histogram operations like equalization and cut-off.
- Hue and Saturation shift.
- Lighting filter for relief / emboss effects.
- Mandelbrot and Julia set generators.
- Morphological image processing: Erosion, dilation and
gradient operators with ten different kernels in any
- Perspective module for adding a third dimension to your
- Sharp filter.
- Pseudo coloring of images.
- Various effects like Corona, Sketch, Mosaic, Oil-Painting
- Arbitrary image warping. Just drag some arrows into the
image and it gets bent accordingly.
- Configure a filter with your own parameters and give it a
- Lets you define processes, consisting of several filters
applied in succession.
- Automatic filter queuing when the previous one hasn't
- The window manager allows to apply filter to several
- Automatic scripting for large batch jobs.
- Organize the filing of your images in several folders.
- Copying of images directly out of the database window.
- Statistical information including: size, image depth,
compression type and number of colors.
- View images quickly through an image thumbnail.
- Images sorted by name, size, modification time or path.
- Animation creation with user definable number of frames
- Almost any operation can be applied to an animation
instead of an image.
- Cut/Copy/Paste of animations and selected frames.
- Any filter can operate on an animation, some even have
special time-dependant behavior, e.g. waves running
through an image etc.
- User definable intensity curve over time, for animation
fade in and/or out.
What makes TIFFany II best:
- API for programming your own filters.
- Begin building your TIFFany extensions and source code
skeletons with the T2Builder.
- TIFFany works extremely well with large images anywhere
in size from 80-120, 150MB.
- TIFFany II is fully multi-threaded.
- More powerfull through numerous filters, actions and
other images tools for pre-press.
- Modular interface.
- Morphing/Animation support.
Requires NEXTSTEP Release 3.2 or higher.
Now shipping in Multi-Architecture Binary (MAB) format.